Kinnect has one fundamental goal: to help place children in foster care with a permanent family.
Founded in 2005 as the Waiting Child Fund, Kinnect is built on the belief that all children can achieve permanency no matter what their circumstances.
Youth in the foster care system waiting for their “forever family” are usually pre-teens and teens, and many of them have been living in foster care for years. These children are at risk of aging out of care at age 18, at which point many will face homelessness, incarceration, unemployment, and other challenges.
We believe that all youth deserve the right to heal and grow in a safe and loving family. Many public and private agencies exist that work toward this goal, and Kinnect helps coordinate their efforts to achieve the maximum benefit for children in need. By creating key relationships with each agency involved in the life of a child, we are able to create a collaborative approach to achieving permanency outcomes for youth.
- We are committed to strengthening families directly impacted by the foster care system.
- We embrace hope, possibility and innovation in all situations.
- We believe all resources are valuable.
- We believe there is always more to learn.
- We treat everyone we meet, with dignity and respect.
Kinnect is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
Kinnect is a proud member of the Family Builders Network national think tank.