Post Date: October 29, 2018
Program: 30 Days to Family – Ohio
Reports to: Project Director
Job Location: Cleveland office
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Retirement
The Administrative Assistant is a full-time position to assist in support of the 30 Days to Family – Ohio implementation, and other office duties as assigned. The Administrative Assistant will work under the direction of the Project Director to help with scheduling meetings, taking minutes, data entry, cost/expense tracking, preparation of written and electronic correspondence, and other administrative functions in support of grant activities. An Associate’s Degree is preferred and a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience is required. The Administrative Assistant will work in Cleveland, OH.
• Schedules organizational and programmatic meetings (manage staff calendars when needed)
• Maintains fiscal records for program, including but not limited to balancing credit cards, writing checks, and maintaining precise records.
• Performs office support tasks, including supplies, equipment, answering phones, mail, etc.
• Receiving and organizing sensitive monthly financials from partners.
• Attends meetings as needed/notetaking.
• Provides administrative support for all 30 Days to Family – Ohio program staff
• Maintains confidentiality regarding Kinnect, partner organizations, and children served
• Performs data entry as needed.
• Assists with tracking of programmatic outcomes and reports
• Making conference and travel reservations.
• Performs other responsibilities assigned by the Project Director
Education: Associate’s Degree or minimum 3 years of related experience
Experience: Demonstrated experience working with interdisciplinary teams utilizing innovative strategies to overcome obstacles. Some nonprofit and/or government sector is preferred.
• Adaptation and flexibility
• Highly organized
• Detail oriented
• Ability and comfort working with diverse populations in various environments
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite programs and technology
• Understanding of, or ability to learn, Quickbooks
• Typing speed of at least 40wpm.
Additional skills/competencies necessary to carry out services to the service population’s culture and socioeconomic characteristics:
• Obtain a cultural awareness that results in a clear understanding of the worldview that directs individual interactions with people of other backgrounds.
• Ability to identify needs unique to various diverse populations including those of different gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnic group, race, and physical or mental capacity and address those needs with community resource referrals.
• Assist other professionals and team members in understanding the unique needs/characteristics of diverse populations.
• This job generally operates in a professional office environment. The role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, etc.
• Ability to lift up-to 25 pounds.
Disclaimer The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Minority and LGBTQ candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
All employment decisions at Kinnect are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, size, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.