Kinnect provides the following programs:
We collaborate with our public and private partners to implement every program in alignment with the principles of implementation science:
- Assessment: We work with agency leadership to determine the current state of permanency practice within the organization. Our approach is designed to capture staff attitudes, beliefs, and practice behaviors to determine alignment with agency mission, vision, and culture.
- Teaming: We take both a top-down and bottom-up approach. Starting with the leadership team, we work to develop a collective vision upon which the desired permanency practice will be built. The leadership team is then joined by staff and supervisors to create a group of champions who will lead the change.
- Design: Building upon the assessment data and agency strengths, we facilitate the design of services which will increase the permanency outcomes for families and children. We incorporate existing agency initiatives with innovative permanency practice models from around the county.
- Implementation: Moving from design to implementation requires the creation of agency-specific materials and fidelity measures. Everyone at the agency must have a common framework for the new practice model of services. We help through initial education and communication and provide ongoing guidance and coaching.
- Evaluation and Support: Evaluation is conducted throughout the implementation process and is designed to provide support and feedback to improve outcomes. We take a qualitative and quantitative look at what is working, anticipated and unanticipated barriers, and help to implement the recommended changes.
Watch our short film directed and produced by Faction Films about the importance of keeping children connected (Kinnected) to their family, to their kin, to their community, and to their culture…